Thursday, June 10, 2010

A new day. A new blog beginning!

Why did I start a blog? First question from my teenagers was, "Who do you think will want to read your blog?" They were laughing at my idea! Shame on them! Extra special thanks to one of my FB friends who responded, "I would read your blog!" to my status update, "I think I ought to start a blog..."

B lessed

L ife

O offers

G race

To me part of a Blessed Life is to work on a growing intimacy with the One that brought us here! As we grow closer to God, we are able to grow closer to others. To the best of our ability I believe we're called to accept others and share God's love & light with them. A BLOG to me is just another avenue to share God's love with others. To break down more of those self erected walls & open up and share our quite imperfect lives with others. The BIG theme in my life this year has been to build community. Build it both in my home & church families. Work on understanding why people put up walls. Why people don't want to spend time w/ others to build relationships. Relationships take sacrifice, time & energy. There are so many incredible examples of relationship building in the Bible. I think one of the most powerful examples we have is the relationship of God to Jesus & Jesus to God! How much time did Jesus spend with God? How well did they know one another? How well do we think we know God? What does it take to REALLY know someone? Can you really know someone & say you have a relationship with them if you only see them on Sunday? How about if you only see them once or twice a year? Can you really know someone if you only communicate with them via phone or e-mail? These are questions that I have been pondering for quite some time. During the next 2 weeks I will be researching and exploring the answers. Answers that I hope & pray will help me strengthen relationships in my own life.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Deb! I will follow your blog. I won't always be able to resond, but know I'm with you! I love building relationships and find it essential to strengthen the Body of Christ.

    Here's to your BLOG!

    ReplyDelete